Monday 11 January 2010

SAVE THE NURSES, SAVE THE CHILD.

Everyday we get around blaming one head for our nations (many) problems,we blame the government for the low standard of our living,we pity ourselves. Especially some of us that can't afford to live the extravagant lives of the "so called" high and mighty.
I know we hear this a lot,but really it really does start with you,save yourself save the nation(I do not mean be greedy),in other words..."Start with the guy/lady in the mirror"
Wonder why the tittle reads save the nurse save lives,this is because you won't imagine the number of people in this our dear country that have left so soon to eternity because the nurses couldn't care less.am not very learned on this issue or on the trainings for nurses in this contry ,but I remember in primary school,when our teachers asked everyone in class one by one what we wanted to be when we we're all grown,most of us girls wanted to be nurses..
My point being we saw honour in those uniforms,we saw caring people,the ones who saved the lives of the sick before the doctors came around to preserve it,they were the ones who offered emotional healing to patients,who never gave up on a life even when it seemed far gone. at least thats how the movies made them seem...can't say the same of the reality of this country though.
I lost a close, the closest (none blood related) family I had to the carelessness of nurses,I cried when I saw their actions,they seemed more like heartless logs of wood than human beings,they seemed soulless,cared more about big brother series on tv than my brother who apparently needed surgery,they FORGOT to call the doctors,the doctors found us themselves when they came around checking other patients,I guess they came by pretty late!
Kevin won the bigbrother series,we all felt good for our country,my brother would have been here to feel that joy too,had the nurses done their jobs
I know am not alone,we are so many that have shed tears(that could have been prevented) and had the course of our lives changed for ever,driven into great depression,questioned all sanity and suffered irreplaceable loss. all because a nurse was less of a human being than she could have been.
I know your salaries may not be as much as you rightly deserve,but it starts with you,look in the mirror people,make a change!
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment