Wednesday 28 January 2015

Reminisce

You forget how heart break feels after a while,
But when it comes again, do you remember what saved you the last time?

Personally, I can't remember...
Taking it  one day at a time
I hear survival rate isn't that bad
People survive so I'll be all right

It's hard to get up from bed in the morning
Then I pray for strength
God is constantly faithful, always a kind word
I gain strength and then I rise

It's not all smiles as hours fade
But daddy always says "tears wont change the past"
sometimes I let a tear roll, other times I just pray

That's all I have
I wondered what prayer had to do with a broken heart
The heart break is a wonder itself
I'm too dazed for sad songs
My solace is found when I say "God help me, it hurts"

I know he hears, I know he cares
I've made it to the 2nd day, yes?
One day I'll be all fine...I don't care if I believe this
Really not sure I do
But I have to keep saying it
"One day I'll be fine"

Wrote this piece Oct 2012, glad to say, I'm fine today, better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment